Community Event: Holi Colors of Love
14th March 2020, 230PM - 430PM, Big Wave Bay
Holi Colors of Love is a public community event that invites people of all walks of life, all cultures and ages to come together to celebrate love and joy. We honor Holi as a Hindu tradition that is celebrated as a festival of Love in Nort India and in other parts of the world where there is Indian population. With the themes of love and joy, celebrating diversity and community, we are encouraging Hong Kong’s community to come together to co-create a Holi Ceremony of love, as well as celebrate our connection to the Earth Mother. This community event comes at a time when the city protests and coronavirus has created a deep separation in society. And while most Hong Kong residents are city dwellers, it is through our connection to Mother Earth that deepens connection to ourselves, reconnect us to the community and All that is beauty and love.
The Holy Ceremony will take place from 230pm – 430pm. There will be speeches, a meditation, sacred art, songs and dances for honoring the Earth Mother, and Holi’s famed colored powder throwing at Big Wave Bay Beach. After a short break from the ceremony, we will also come together in a casual setting to share Indian snacks and drinks around the bonfire.
Facilitators for this Holi Colors of Love event include:
- Bharat Khemlani, Big Ben Photography
- Geraldine Cosnuau, Little Cosmic Wave
- Honey Pamnani, Inspire2Aspire Consulting
- Jessica Syvones
- May Nogoy, The Garden Gathering
- Resham Hemlani
- Shalini Mahtani, The Zubin Foundation
- The Garden Gathering Drum Sisters
- Veena Dasinghini, Naveda Wellness
- Yvonne Yjemani Li, Cosmic Dance to Infinity
(in alphabetical order)
Date: Saturday, 14th March 2020
Time: 230PM – 430PM (Holi Ceremony), 500PM (Community Dinner)
Venue: Big Wave Bay Beach (near the BBQ pits)
Registration: essential so we can estimate numbers, please register through eventbrite link
- There will be organic Indian snacks and drinks provided by Organiac at around HK$40-60 per pack, these can be purchased with cash at the beach.
- The colored powder may also be purchased from the food vendor, they cost between HK$8 - $45 depending on what colors and how many packs you buy. These powder are non-toxic, non-stain and environmentally friendly. We do advise wearing not your best clothing to this event in case the colors do not wash off!
- There are public outdoor showers and indoor changing room at the beach
- BYO your own beach towels, mats, drinks, shampoo, hats, sunscreen and mosquito repellant
- For hygiene purposes, please do not bring water guns or water bombs. Thank you.
We look forward to enjoying a colorful day with you and your family!